In this part of the Grideo tutorial, we will tell you more about the in-app photo editor and its features, thanks to which you can use your endless creativity and imagination and create amazingly powerful graphic designs for a wide range of use.
Grideo offers two main options when it comes to designing:
1. You can start designing from scratch - tap on the bottom + Create tab on the main navigation bar
2. You can customize professionally pre-designed templates - tap on the bottom Templates tab on the main navigation bar
How to start designing from scratch
Location: tap on the bottom + Create tab on the main navigation bar -> Start from Scratch shows
Options to begin with:
- Choose Standard template - if you find a suitable template, you can choose this option for a simplified beginning.
To see and access all templates, tap on the See all on the right side.
- Choose Size - if you want the design to match exact measurements, choose the desired size - all sizes available for different social media, such as IG, FB, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin, but also A4 paper, Business Cards, Poster, Flyer, Resume, Ratios.
To see and access all sizes, tap on the See all on the right side.
- Choose Layout - choose from different layout options - single photo, collages made out of multiple numbers of tiles, classic and fancy shapes.
To see and access all layouts, tap on the See all on the right side.
- Choose Background - choose from the huge selection of categorized pre-designed backgrounds, such as Glitters&Gold, Foils, Gradients, Unicorn, Marble, Shadows, and many more.
To see and access all backgrounds of the selected category, tap on the See all on the right side.
How to make custom designs out of pre-designed templates
Location: tap on the bottom Templates tab on the main navigation bar -> Choose a Template shows
Template options to choose from:
1. Templates section:
- Marketing templates
- Templates categories
2. Calendar section:
- Upcoming events
To find out more about Grideo's Templates & Calendar, check this tutorial.
Don't forget that all the available templates and backgrounds are regularly expanded by our professional designers!
Features and functions of Editor:
- Border - options of border changes depend on the selected layout and the number of tiles in it
Simply move your finger on the selected radius and create desired shapes.
- Background - you can change the color or pattern of the background
- Background color - to choose color, simply tap on Color -> scroll through the available colors or tap on the top left colorful circle icon -> color picker opens -> mix and match your custom color -> close it by tapping on the top-right cross -> color has been applied to the background. You can adjust the transparency of the background color by sliding a finger on the top transparency line.
- Background pattern - to choose the pattern, simply tap on Pattern -> scroll through the offer of patterns -> tap on the one you would like to apply -> choose pattern color -> tap on Done -> pattern has been applied to the background. The pattern can be easily changed by choosing a new one or removed by tapping on the left yellow icon in the Pattern Style tab.
- Draw (Draw Sticker) - you can brighten up your designs with some easy drawings or even create your own unique stickers which can be saved and duplicated
How to use drawing features for creating draw stickers:
- Brush size - firstly select the ideal brush size.
- Color - choose a color or use a color picker, adjust transparency.
- Fill Color - choose a color or use a color picker which will in the drawing, adjust transparency. This feature works with rectangle, ellipse, star, triangle and pentagon shapes.
- Draw tools - use simple geometric shapes, line, arrow, pen. These will help you create stickers with neat lines.
- Undo and Redo - these buttons will help you go back and forth with the drawing steps you used.
- Edit Stickers - you can make some more edits, where can be used other editing features which are described below.
- Add Text (Text Sticker) - add more customization to your designs by adding text
You can make further edits on each added text sticker by tapping on it.
Features and Functions of Edit Text:
- Change Text - make changes in already added text.
- Color - choose a color or use a color picker, adjust transparency.
- Background - choose a color or use a color picker, adjust transparency.
- Font - change font of added text. Offer of default, special and installed fonts.
- Border - edit border, vertical & horizontal padding or corner radius.
- Spacing - edit spacing between letters or lines of selected text.
- Animate - add animation functions to the selected text.
- Move - to the right, left, top, bottom by tapping on the selected arrow. The text sticker will be moved to the exact place where you would like it.
- Layout order - change layout order if you added more than one text or sticker.
- Effects - underline text or change text alignment.
- Duplicate - each tap will duplicate the selected text.
- Remove - tap on the selected text and tap on remove.
- Add Stickers - bright up your designs with different types of adorable stickers
- Pre-defined unique stickers - Words, Fancy, Arrows, Shapes, Love Party, Leaf patterns, Textures, and many more. New ones are regularly added.
- Upload stickers from Unsplash - choose from 2 million free stock images.
- Upload stickers from Photos, Camera, Files, Facebook
- Giphy stickers - dynamic or static stickers.
You can make further edits on each added sticker by tapping on it. Options of edits depend on the selected stickers.
Features and functions of Edit Stickers:
- Move - to the right, left, top, bottom by tapping on the selected arrow. The sticker will be moved to the exact place where you would like it.
- Duplicate - each tap will duplicate the selected sticker.
- Remove - tap on the selected sticker and tap on remove.
- Layout order - choose layout order if you added more than one sticker or text.
- Other - edit transparency of selected sticker.
- Flip Vertically or Horizontally
- Size - increase or decrease the size of the selected sticker.
- Crop - select the size of the crop or do it manually.
- Pattern - choose pattern style and its color of simple shape stickers. Note, not all the stickers have this option.
- Color - choose the color of simple shape stickers. Note, not all the stickers have this option.
- Border - edit border size, its color and transparency, edit corner radius. Note, not all the stickers have this option.
- Filter - apply filter and adjust its intensity.
- Animate - add animation functions to the selected sticker.
Once you’re done with designing, don’t forget to save the changes by tapping the top left Back icon and confirming it by tapping on the Save option. New designs will be automatically added to the Drafts which can be accessed by tapping on the bottom Drafts on the main navigation bar.
If you would like, you can also share the designs straight from the Editor by tapping the top right Share icon and choosing from the available options.
Designing with Grideo Editor will never become a boring routine as you can make an unlimited amount of design varieties. So unplug your creativity and create unique pieces which will meet your needs and impress others.
If you didn't find the information you are looking for or an answer to a question you have, do not hesitate to contact us right now. We will be pleased to assist you with any request.
App Toro Team