Transcriber app, available for iOS and macOS devices, is designed for the transcription of audio and video recordings. The app uses cutting-edge AI technology to quickly and accurately transcribe your recordings into text.
With Transcriber, you'll save valuable time and never have to manually take notes during meetings, lectures, or personal musings again. The app will do it all for you and deliver the recordings transcribed to the text form in a short turnaround time. The technology replaces the need for manual processes, such as having a note-taker. This real game-changer is a perfect tool for professionals, students, lecturers, individuals with special needs, and even doctors.
What can be found in Transcriber
It is the core feature of the Transcriber, driven by artificial intelligence. This technology is powered by machine learning models, which are responsible for transcribing audio into text by automatically recognizing speech and speakers.
Machine transcription is undoubtedly much cheaper and faster compared to human transcription. The transcription is supported in various languages and accents.
Features of speech-to-text transcription technology:
- Transcription is available in 19 languages - select the correct transcription language when creating an order.
- Transcription is available in multiple accents - select the correct accent to increase the accuracy of the transcription when creating an order.
- Speakers recognition - depending on the provided recording, Transcriber can recognize one or multiple speakers of the recording. The speakers will be marked accordingly in the transcription output and can be renamed in the editor. You can select a number of speakers in the recording when creating an order.
Transcriber features an in-app recorder, making the transcription process even faster as you don't have to use a different tool for recording your audio. For the best transcript accuracy, we recommend using the Transcriber's recorder.
To create a recording directly in the app, tap on the middle Microphone icon and start recording. You can pause and resume at any time and easily save your recording when you're finished. Plus, give your recording a name in the top Name This Recording text field for easy organization and navigation within the app.
If you already own the recording you want to transcribe, you can easily import it into the Transcriber and submit it for transcription.
To import the recording to the app, tap on the right green Import button or share the recording directly from the app where the audio is stored.
Transcriber supports a wide range of audio and video file formats, including popular ones such as MP3, WAV, M4A AIFF, AAC, MP4, AVI, MOV, and many more.
Import recording directly from the Voice Memos app:
- Open Voice Memos app.
- Select a recording you want to import to Transcriber.
- Tap on the top right ... icon.
- Tap on Share.
- Look for Transcriber or add it from More and tap on it.
- The recording is imported and saved to Transcriber.
If needed, you can export the recording to your device or any installed app.
To export the recording from the Transcriber, tap on the selected recording and tap on the left green Export icon.
You can do multiple edits for each recording based on your needs directly in the app. The editing features enable you to get your recording into the best state before ordering a transcription.
- Continue recording
To access the editor, tap on the selected recording and tap on the right ... icon.
Once your recording order has been successfully transcribed and delivered to the Transcriber, use the transcript editor, which offers a variety of features to make your transcription experience even better. You have complete control over the appearance of your transcript so customize it to your liking.
Features of the transcript editor:
- Change text - make changes, fix mistakes, and improve the accuracy of the transcript.
- Adjust text size - increase or decrease the size of the text for improved readability.
- Change font - choose from a selection of fonts to personalize the transcript.
- Rename speakers - easily update and apply speaker names throughout the transcript.
- Keywords search - quickly find specific words in the transcript.
- Redownload original transcript - access and download the original transcript version if you made any changes to the transcript. The original version can be redownloaded up to 30 days after creation.
- View all transcript versions - every time you make changes, a new version of the transcript is saved for future reference. Each version of the transcript can be restored and reaccessed if needed.
- Transcript info - view information such as the transcript's reading time, number of characters, words, and paragraphs.
Once your recording has been successfully transcribed and delivered to the Transcriber, you are ready to export the transcript.
With Transcriber, exporting your transcript is easy. Simply access the transcript in the app and choose the export option to save it for use in any way you need.
You can export the transcript as:
- PDF File
- Text File
- Microsoft Word Document
You can export the transcript to:
- Export the transcript directly to any installed app on your device, such as OneDrive, Microsoft Word, Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, Skype, Signal, Microsoft Teams, and many others apps.
- Save it on your device.
- Copy it to the clipboard.
How to order, access, and export transcript
- Create the recording directly in the Transcriber app by tapping on the middle green Microphone button, or import the existing recording to the app by tapping on the right green Import button.
- Tap on the selected recording and tap on the bottom green Transcribe.
- In the Transcript Order screen, select the correct transcription language and accent.
- If available for the selected language and accent, select the correct number of speakers in the recording.
- Tap on the bottom green Transcribe to create the transcript order.
- Allow the Transcriber to send you push notifications to notify you once the transcript is ready.
- Transcriber will show you the Estimated delivery time of your transcript so you know when to expect the delivery.
- While the recording is in the transcription process, you will see a blue status label In progress next to the recording.
- Once the status label changes to Transcribed or you receive a push notification, you are ready to access the transcript. To access the transcript, tap on the selected recording and tap on the bottom green Transcript button.
- In the Transcript Info screen, you can access the transcript via the editor to make any wanted changes or adjustments. To do so, tap on the Open transcript in the editor.
- If you are ready to export the transcript, tap on the Export Transcript in the Transcript info screen. Alternatively, export the transcript directly from the editor by tapping on the top right Export icon.
We believe that artificial intelligence has a positive impact on our society and environment. Apps such as Transcriber, which replace the need for manual processes of recording transcription, make our lives easier, safer, and more efficient.
Say goodbye to expensive and time-consuming human transcription - with Transcriber, you can easily transcribe your audio files in a variety of languages and accents at a fraction of the cost.
If you didn't find the information you are looking for or an answer to a question you have, do not hesitate to contact us right now. We will be pleased to assist you with any request.
App Toro team