Transcriber is an app designed for the transcription of voice recordings to the text using an Artificial Intelligence-powered transcription service. This real game-changer will save you plenty of your valuable time as it will do the most time-consuming job for you.
With Transcriber, you will never have to take down your notes of the meetings or lectures manually again. The app will do it all for you and deliver the recording transcribed in text form in a short turnaround time thanks to speech-to-text technology. The technology replaces the need for manual processes, such as having a note-taker.
The app is widely used by professionals, students, lectors, people with special needs, doctors, and also for everyday use.
What can be found in Transcriber
It is the core feature of the Transcriber app, driven by Artificial Intelligence. It means the transcriptions of the recordings are not generated by humans but by a machine, which can produce highly accurate transcripts. Thanks to AI, transcripts are accessible much faster compared to human transcripts.
It is the core feature of the Transcriber app, which supports and recognizes 18 languages and multiple accents. Thanks to AI, transcripts are accessible much faster compared to human transcripts.
Features of Speech-to-text transcription technology:
- Transcriptions available in 18 different languages - you can select the transcription language when creating a transcript order.
- Transcriptions available in multiple accents - you can select the accent if applicable when creating a transcript order.
- Speaker recognition - depending on the provided recording, the Transcriber app can recognize one or multiple speakers of the recording. It results in the transcript, where each speaker's speech is separated. You can select a number of speakers in the recording when creating a transcript order.
The Transcriber app has its in-app recorder, making the transcription process even faster as you don't have to use multiple tools. For the best transcript accuracy, we recommend using the Transcriber's recorder.
To create a recording directly in the app, tap on the middle Microphone icon and start recording. You can pause and continue the recording anytime you wish and save the recording once you are done.
When creating a recording, you can name the recording in the top Name This Recording text field. This feature simplifies orientation between multiple recordings in the app.
If you already have the audio file which you want to transcribe, you can easily import it to the Transcriber app.
To import the audio file to the Transcriber app, tap on the right green Import button or share the recording directly from the respective app.
Import recording from the Voice Memos app:
- Open Voice Memos app.
- Select a recording you want to import to Transcriber.
- Tap on the top right ... icon.
- Tap on Share.
- Look for Transcriber or add it from More and tap on it.
- The recording is imported and saved in the Transcriber app.
If needed, you can export the recording to your device or any installed app.
To export the recording from the Transcriber app, tap on the selected recording and tap on the left green Export icon.
Multiple edits can be done for each recording based on your needs via the in-app editor. Features of the editor offer an even user-friendlier experience in any situation when the recording has to be edited.
To access the editor, tap on the selected recording and tap on the right ... icon.
- Continue recording
Once your recording order has been successfully transcribed and delivered to the Transcriber app, you can open the transcript in the handy in-app editor and take advantage of the features it offers.
Features of the Transcript editor:
- Change the text - if needed, you can make any changes or fix mistakes for improved accuracy.
- Rename the speaker's name - you can rename each speaker and apply the change to the whole transcript.
- Keywords search - you can look for a specific word for faster navigation in the text.
- Redownload the original transcript - if any changes are made in the transcript, you can access and download the original transcript version up to 30 days from the day the transcript has been created.
- Access transcript versions - every time you make changes in the transcript, the transcript is saved as a new version. Each version of the transcript can be accessed separately.
- Transcript info - including reading time, number of characters, words, and paragraphs.
Once your recording order has been successfully transcribed and delivered to the Transcriber app, you can:
- Export the transcript directly to any installed app on your device, such as OneDrive, Microsoft Word, Dropbox, Google Drive, Slack, Skype, Signal, Microsoft Teams, and many other apps.
- Save it on your device.
- Copy it to the clipboard.
Transcripts can be exported as:
- PDF file
- Text file
- Microsoft Word document
How to create transcript order
1. Create the recording directly in the Transcriber app by tapping on the middle green Microphone icon, or import the existing recording to the app by tapping on the right green Import button.
2. Tap on the selected recording and tap on the bottom green Transcribe.
3. Optionally, in the Transcript Order screen, tap on the top right Settings icon and select correct Machine transcription language and Accent if applicable.
4. If available, select the correct number of speakers in the recording.
5. Tap on the bottom green Transcribe to create the transcript order.
6. Allow the Transcriber to send you push notifications, so the app can notify you once the transcript is ready.
7. To check the status of your transcript order, tap on the selected recording and check Order Status in the Transcript Info screen.
8. If the transcript is successfully delivered to the Transcriber app, you can access it by tapping on the selected recording and tapping on the bottom green Transcribe. Order Status is Done.
9. You can export the transcript or make any edits in the editor.
We believe that artificial intelligence has a positive impact on our society and environment. Apps such as Transcriber, which replace the need for manual processes of recording transcription, make our lives easier, safer, and more efficient.
If you didn't find the information you are looking for or an answer to a question you have, do not hesitate to contact us right now. We will be pleased to assist you with any request.
App Toro team